Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: YES! Felicity Video (1991)

  1. #1
    Inactive Member nycgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I won this on ebay last week and am sooooo happy. I NEVER use ebay, and only bid on this (ahem...rather highly priced) item because 100% of the auction price was donated to the Red Cross, and it was exactly the price I was planning to donate of my own money ($50). I would never ever have spent this on a video, but since it was all going to charity, and I think they usually go for a higher price, I was pretty happy! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    The video is really nice. It chronicles Felicity's Elegant Tea Party where they introduced Felicity in 1991. It's from an adult's point of view (the narrator) in the future, saying they were in Williamsburg 25 years ago in 1991 when they were Felicity's age, etc. It includes a part of an interview with Valerie Tripp, a really nice speech by Pleasant Rowland, and a big part of the Felicity play. The girl looks just like Felicity. (BTW, the girl who plays Elizabeth is blonde. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] ) It also shows the goody bag and the tea/lunch, as well as the Felicity collection on display...the Felicitys, even new, look so old! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    The best part is seeing all the little girls from 1991 with their Kirstens, Samanthas, and Mollys and their 80s dresses and hairstyles! The adults with the bug-eyed glasses and poofy hairstyles are just great. Mostly I enjoyed the video because it shows not only all of the Felicity excitement, but also how Pleasant Company really was founded on promoting history and girlhood and education, before they started promoting *cough*consumerism*cough*. It makes me wish I'd gone to this party, it looks so fun, but I didn't find out about AG until 4 years later, when I started reading the books. Some of the things in the goody bag were still in the goody bag I got in 1999 on the Felicity in Williamsburg tour! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar

    Post

    Hey Gabby Congrats sounds like a great find and it went to charity. Thats the wonderful part about your purcahse.

  3. #3
    Wrinklie Alert
    Guest Wrinklie Alert's Avatar

    Post

    Cool! My library has that movie so I check it out whenever its in. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool I saw that video and was thinking of bidding on it. Glad it went to someone here

  5. #5
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got this video for DD a couple months ago and it is worth every penny (and they were a lot of pennies!)
    The whole ambiance is so nice! I believe this is what got DD to want Felicity so badly and be so attached to her!
    COngrats on the win, and enjoy it!
    Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I found this video about a year ago at one of our used book stores (they sell *everything*, but specialize in books) for $8.

    It was fun to watch the first time, but I haven't even thought of watching it again, and this is from someone who watches movies over and over and over and over and over, (my mom is certain I've watched The Little Mermaid WELL over 100 times).

    Congratulations on buying something that made you really happy, and for doing it for such a worthy cause!

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2005
    Posts
    569
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh My gosh!! I totally forgot about that video. I remember my aunt got that for me and my cousin to watch the moment it came out. I remember thinking it was a little too adult and not kid enough... but man its a fun memory now!! How neat!! Congrads!

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What a great find! I never knew Felicity had a williamsburg movie

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What a great find! I never knew Felicity had a williamsburg movie

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, what a great find... not to mention great cause!! Very exciting. Hope you really enjoy it too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •